Confessions of A Football Junkie

0

Written on 6/30/2006 03:13:00 am by sikapitan

My mind is clear, I am not dizzy nor am I sleepy. In fact, I could probably run a few kilometers right now just to shake off this adrenalin rush I am experiencing. It’s 2 a.m in the morning of 30th June 2006 and I am still, very much wide awake.

I move constantly, going up and down the stairs for no other reason than to grab a bite in the kitchen. I could now defrost cold meat, reheat leftovers and prepare a simple meal for two if you want, all after midnight. I just finished a sandwich, I just drank a glass of hot chocolate and I am still, very much wide awake.

My hands are itchy, constantly fiddling with the black object known as the remote control. The screen to my left constantly changes from one channel to another, as I watch the Scrubs while trying to catch any other match that I MAY have missed (which I honestly have not) and I am still, very much wide awake.

I have just finished reading The Star and NewStraitsTimes, back to front, including the business section. I could start reading the new novel I just bought, but then I wouldn’t have time to write this. I plan to finish my World Cup chart as soon as I’m done with my last sentence and I am still, very much wide awake.

I could tell you which mamak serves the best teh o at this time in Subang, which mamak has the best roti planta, and which mamak has the best projector/screen combination. I could tell you that there’s always a full house whenever England is playing, even though they’re boring. I could tell you all this right now, while discussing the merits of playing with 5 midfielders, and I WOULD STILL be wide awake.

My life for the past 3 weeks starts at 8 p.m. I catch every single live World Cup matches there is. I write and discuss about them religiously. I am, at this moment, a football addict suffering from withdrawal symptoms. For the first time in weeks I am left without live football at this ungodly hour. It’s 2 am, and I am very much wide awake.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment